Sex in the News
This week's round-up may require a modern web dictionary to understand terminology such as FGM in NYC, flibanserin, textual harassment, Muslim sex shop and sexsomnia. Or, maybe not.
- Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) is being performed by a pediatric urologist by the name of Dix Poppas (fitting?) at Cornell University. Follow up visitors involve applying vibration to a six-year-old girls' clitoris. Science or sexual abuse? (TheStranger)
- Push to market Flibanserin pill stirs up debate on sexual desire. (NYTimes)
- Sex while sleeping? Canadian researchers find that 1 in 12 people suffer from sexsomnia. (Telegraph.co.UK)
- So today: Textual harrassment. Text messages become a growing weapon in dating violence. (WashingtonPost)
- El Asira isn't your average online sex shop. It's the "first online halal sex shop specially designed for Muslim couples looking to spice up their marriage while adhering to Islamic principles." (LATimes)
- Study shows lesbian moms don't screw up their kids. (AfterEllen)
Image, "Inadmissable Exhaustion" by Derrick T on Flickr courtesy of Creative Commons Lisencing.