On July 26th from 12:00pm until 5:30pm join GreenWorks NYC at the New York Academy of Sciences Conference Center for an inaugural roundtable and the launch of their multi-year effort to create an upgrade in results-driven collaboration in the Green Economy of New York.
The July 26th Program includes:
• NYC Council Member Alan J. Gerson (District One in Lower Manhattan) - Keynote Address
• Welcome from Communications Coordination Committee for the U.N.
• Panel: Opportunities and Innovation in the NY Green Economy
• Mike Gordon - C-Power - Smart Energy
• George Gosieski - Built Environment
• Whitney Smith - Social Innovation
• Douglas Lawrence - Green real estate
• Debra Italiano - Sustainable Food Systems
• Mathew Ahrens - Environmental Law and Policy
Other Presenters include:
Scott Beall (Integral Vision Learning) - Education & Green Workforce Development
Ariane Burgess - (Regenerative Culture) - Regenerative Leadership & Community Systems
Douglas Cohen (U.S. Partnership/Education for Sustainable Development) - Leadership & Community Engagement
Rick Ulfik (We, The World) - Building local-to-global networks of collaboration
Deborah Stern (2020 Fund) - Sustainable Earth by 2020
Frank Werner - (Fordham University) - Education and the Green Economy
Special guest Al Smith from the soulful high energy musical group Blacksmith will have you singing, clapping and dancing in the aisles!
Over the next year GreenWorks NYC will:
• Convene Solutions Roundtables - Sector specific, results-driven meetings during and between major events with facilitation and web-published results.
• Create a Social Network Map, with analysis and database of the players and influencers to support decision making and solution seeking in the emerging Green Business landscape.
• Provide Education and Green Jobs Development pathways bridging K-12, Higher Education, Industry and Government.
GreenWorks NYC is:
• Presented by We, The World and New York City Council Member Alan J. Gerson
• Supporters include: Battery Park City Authority, New York Academy of Sciences, and Communications Coordination Committee for the United Nations
• Other partners include: the New York State Energy Research & Development Authority (NYSERDA), U.S. Partnership/Education for Sustainable Development, CoreNet Global, Business EcoSystems, Sustainable Business Cmte., Climate Prosperity Alliance, Columbia University Alumni Association, Earthventure Capital, LLC, Green Map System, Green Drinks, Sustainable Strength, Evolver, the Coalition for One Voice, The Water Pod, Regenerative Culture, Planet Heart and others.
Sunday July 26th
New York Academy of The Sciences Conference Center
7 World Trade Center
250 Greenwich Street, 40th Floor
$15 ( tickets must be purchased in advance for access into the building)
For more information go to http://www.greenworksnyc.net/