Evolver Bay Area Seeks Event Coordinator
Evolver Bay Area is seeking an event coordinator to organize a regular series of events.
What is Evolver?
Designed for this time of accelerated awakening, The Evolver Network is a learning laboratory of local communities bringing people and groups together to learn new skills, collaborate, celebrate, and manifest change.
Evolver Spores are regional hubs of cultural incubation that inspire activism, raise awareness around today’s most pressing issues, and explore transformative practices such as permaculture, meditation, shamanism, gift economies, nutrition, and visionary art.
What would I be organizing?
A regular series of events which could include:
- Dialogues with Bay Area thought leaders and spiritual practitioners
- A workshops series
- Film screenings and author talks
- Potlucks and hikes
- Understand or be willing to learn about alternative economies, permaculture and urban farming, shamanism and healing, visionary art and technology
- Read the Evolver Sporeganizers network email list (high traffic, high inspiration)
- Attend a monthly network-wide meeting online
- Coordinate with speakers and presenters
- Contact venues
- Coordinate event budgets
- Coordinate event staffing
- Promote each event or help us find a marketing and promotions person
- Be present to what Evolver is doing, and responsive to requests from your fellow sporeganizers and our greater community
Ideally you are a polymath who is able to understand the different facets of Evolver and contextualize how the Bay Area may uniquely serve this movement.
What else is Evolver Bay Area up to?
Quarterly evolutionary parties that serve to network together Bay Area organizations across different disciplines and facilitate healing, celebration, and awakening. HiveMind - http://www.facebook.com/events/107696819381161/?fref=ts
Opportunities to present speakers and workshops at local festivals and conferences.
We’re finishing up a funding proposal to create high quality, short-form video content for Evolver TV.
Other roles available
Resource Development Manager
This job doesn’t come with a salary, but you will be able to design events that pay you. We are part of the time bank (http://timebank.sfbace.org/) and have a limited number of volunteer hours we can pay via services offered through BACE – some of these could go to you, or to volunteers to do web postings, promotion, and event staffing.
This is an excellent opportunity to meet incredible visionaries and build relationships with a truly magical and dedicated group of people.
Psychedelic Society SF, ERIE, MAPS, The Happiness Institute, Transition Town, Bay Food Shed, Noisebridge, Space Transformers, Occupy, Women's Visionary Congress, Connection Action Project, the Place for Sustainable Living, the Hub, Center for Shamanic Education and Exchange, and more.
Please contact evolversf(at)gmail(dot)com if you’re interested in Sporeganizing!Tweet