Be Your Own Best Guinea Pig!
Dear Reality Sandwich readers,
We invite you to participate in an experiment with us.
In the months and years to come, we intend to use our new social network, Evolver.net, as a place to assess the claims and test the value of many alternative health products, treatments, and services.
There is no trusted resource on the Internet for evaluating whether any alternative health modality -- a particular form of energy work or a new herbal or nutritional product, for instance -- has the positive effects claimed for it. We believe that the best way to establish this is through a community that shares a degree of trust, composed of individuals with intelligence and discernment. By developing a large database of subjective responses to various treatment modalities, we hope that Evolver can, over time, help people to make more effective choices in their lives, and find the products and services that best suit their personal needs.
As an initial experiment, Reality Sandwich has teamed up with a Seattle-based company, JBNI Biodrux, who have agreed to offer free samples of their herbal «naturaceuticals» to RS readers in exchange for a commitment to testing the products regularly and writing a series of blog posts about the effects they experience from them on Evolver.net.
At this time, there is no commercial or sponsorship relationship between JBNI and Reality Sandwich/Evolver (though this could happen in the future, once we've launched the e-marketplace Evolver Exchange). Our goal is to receive reports that are entirely unbiased. Highlights from the blog posts will be collated and posted as an update to this experiment on Reality Sandwich.
Here's some information on JBNI: over the past two decades, JBNI has focused its efforts on preventative diagnostics. This research has led to the discovery of individual molecular bio markers, which may be used as a method of early detection for various conditions. JBNI's products have been recommended and distributed worldwide by selected physicians for over fifteen years but it's only recently that its Biodrux line of herbal natruaceuticals has been made available directly to the public.
According to the company's publicity, the Biodrux all-natural, herbal supplements are fast acting, highly effective, and do not yield any undesired side effects. The Biodrux products offer an integration of ancient herbal knowledge and Taoist principles with a modern scientific approach.
Here's a summary of the six products that JBNI Biodrux and Reality Sandwich are offering as samples. Each Evolver.net blogger will choose one product from the following list to take and to write about, in order to make this experiment as clear as possible:
1) A. Balm: Appetite Suppressant Lip Balm, one application suppresses appetite for up to 4 hours. Ingredients: Bees Wax, Rhubarb Extract, Proprietary Herbal Extracts; Other Extracts: Castor Oil, Mineral Oil, Beeswax, Rice Bran.
2) Atmen: Helps fight sinus and allergy related problems and breathe naturally & deeper. Ingredients: Ginseng Radix, Ligustici Wallichii Rhizoma, Trichosanthis Radix, Glycyrrhizae Radix, Zingiberis Recens Rhizoma, Angelicae Dahuricae Radix, Corydalis Rhizoma, Myrrha, Magnoliae Flos, Ledebouriellae Radix, Olibanom Gummi, Peucedani Radix, Aurantii Fructus, Bopleuri Radix, Platycodi Radix, Poria Cocos Radix, Coptidis Rhizoma, Angelicae Sinensis Radix.
3) Bioprin: Boosts the immune system which fights all types of inflammation causing discomfort and pain. Ingredients: Foeniculi Fructusxt, Ligustici Wallichii Rhizoma, Trichosanthis Radix, Angelicae Dahuricae Radix, Viola Herb, Citri Reticulate Pericarpium, Astragali Radix, Lonicerae Flos, Sappan Lignum, Persicae Semen, Cnidii Fructus, Scrutellariae Radix, Coptidis Rhizoma, Angelicae Sinensis Radix, Zingiberis Recens Rhizoma, Gleditsiae Spina, Sileris Radix, Platycodi Radix, Myrrha.
4) Leitzin: Helps to come out of depressed moods and regain emotional stability and a positive frame of mind. Ingredients: Ophiopogonis Radix, Ginseng Radix, Scrophulariae Radix,
Sinapis Semen, Angelicae Sinensis Radix, Rehmanniae Radix, Gypsum Fibrosum, Poria Pararadicis, Pinelliae Rhizoma, Bupleuri Radix, Gardenia Jasminoidis Fructus, Glycyrrhizae Radix, Bambusae In Taeniis Caulis, Longanae Arillus, Citri Reticulatae Pericarpium, Aurantii Immaturus Fructus, Moutan Radicis Cortex, Trichosanthi Radix, Schisandrae Fructus,
Rhei Rhizoma, Coptidis Rhizoma, Paeonae Alba Radix, Zizyphi Spinocae Semen, Junci Medulla Herba, Acori Graminei Rhizoma, Fructus Citrus Aurantium, Radix Scutelaria.
5) Noagin: A balanced mix of super-antioxidants that helps to protect every cell from constant oxidation and aging. Contains super-antioxidants known to help repair nerve cells. Ingredients: Beta-Carotene, Alpha-Carotene, Lutein, Lycopene, Astaxantin, Zeaxanthin, Cryptoxantin. Also contains naturally occuring: tocopherols, hytosterols, phtofluene, phytoene, gamma-carotene, and zeta cartene. As well as Omega-3, Omega-6, and Omega-9.
6) Serenadin: Helps regain and maintain mental clarity and tranquility. Ingredients: Paeoniae Alba Radix, Angelicae Radix, Ginseng Radix, Babusae Caulis, Menthae Herba, Ophiopogonis Radix, Rehmanniae Radix, Amyda Sinensis, Loganae Arillus, Poria Pararadicis, Ligustici Wallichii Rhizoma, Zizyphi Spinosae Semen, Coptidis Rhizoma, Atractylodis Alba Rhizoma, Polygalae Tenuifoliae Radix, Amomi Fructus, Radix Aucklandiae Lappae, Glycyrrhizae Radix, Zingiberis Recens Rhizoma, Poria Cocos, Bupleuri Radix, Arisaema Cum Bile.
According to JBNI Biodrux, the effects of the products should be felt within 20 minutes. The exception is "Noagin," which is to be taken for maintenance. "After taking Noagin for about a month, generally our clients notice their vision as being much sharper and crisper, especially at night," reports Chad Sasuga, Executive Manager of Biodrux.
If you'd like to be considered as one of the test subjects, please write an email to evolverhealthtest (at) gmail (dot) com explaining which product you'd like to take and why, and including a sample of your writing, if possible. We're asking for each participant to commit to taking their product on a regular schedule, and post 1-3 blog entries a week to
Evolver detailing their experiences (positive or negative) using the products for a period of at least one month.
In the case of the Noagin volunteers, we'd ask that they take the product for a full month before they begin to document their results.
Please check out the JBNI website for more information about their products.